Nas || Distant Relative Jamaican Journey || Relationship With TDK Cassette Tapes

This has got to be my most long-winded blog post titles to date. Last week I came across both the blog post from HipHop DX entitled "Distant Relatives Jamaican Journey Part Three: Trenchtown Rock", and an eight minute mini-documentary about Nas' "Relationship with TDK Cassette Tapes".  Be sure to check out the videos, and related articles in the Distant Relatives Jamaican Journey blog post aforementioned. In terms of the mini-documentary, I will have the video embedded after the break.

[Mini-Documentary video after break]




In terms of cassettes, I can relate to this because coming up I was lucky enough to have a Technics "Hi-Fi" system with a two deck tape player. My Deck A could record, and it had features like recording volume, and more. My Deck B was strictly for playback. I spent a lot of time recording music off a Buffalo radio station WBLK because I wasn't in tune with many of the community radio stations other than CHRY. At that time one of the biggest stations was like "Energy 108", which was 107.9 FM, and a couple others that played music that I wasn't really into. I remember having all these tapes I had recorded, and I used to play them back at school, in the after school programs on our tape players, or be in class with the audio book tape players with my headphones on pretending to read a book, but really listening to music. I think those were the years of my life when I knew I couldn't make it without music. 

As always, be sure to leave your comments below.

Comments

Popular Posts