Martin Luther King Jr. Day PEs || Black History Month Collection

Well...I know this is about a week late, but I've been really busy running around getting some things ready for a short trip out of town. Anyway, I have been trying to show some family and friends the shoes that Nike has put out, or is putting out for Martin Luther King Jr. Day/Black History Month.

Since I am going to post quite a few pictures, you can find all the pictures, and the remainder of the information after the break.

[Click "Read More" below to see pictures]

I'm going to start with the sneakers that were put out from Jordan Brand for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. These are the Jordan Brand "Player Editions" (PEs) that were worn on January 17th, 2011.

The Jordan Brand MLK Jr. Day PE Line-Up

Jordan CP3.IV

Melo M7

Jordan PTP'er

Jordan Take Flight

Jordan Evolution '85

Jordan F2F

My personal favourite of the above sneakers is the Melo M7s. One of my cousins from Montreal actually brought the M7s to my attention a few weeks ago.

In addition to those, there are also a pair of Air Jordan 3 (III) sneakers that will be releasing in February as part of the tribute. Some of the early photos look like this:







At first I did not like the look of these Air Jordan III (3) sneakers, but I would definitely like to get a chance to see an actual pair in stores before I make up my mind about them. In addition to the sneakers, one of the things that caught my eye from this Black History Month Collection was this Nike Destroyer jacket.

Nike Black History Month Collection Destroyer Jacket (Left Sleeve)

Nike Black History Month Collection Destroyer Jacket (Right Sleeve)

Nike Black History Month Collection Destroyer Jacket (Front)

There is a great article on Sole Collector's site with more detailed pictures of what Nike has been working on for their Black History Month collection. Some of the detailed pictures there include the Nike Air Force 1, Converse Star Player, Air Jordan Retro 3 and Nike Zoom Kobe VI. The article discusses the designers' inspirations, collection theme, and long-term goal of the Black History Month collection from Nike. 

I know this has been a longer read than normal, but please feel free to add your comments on what you like, or dislike from this collection. Also, please like, or dislike the article below.

Thanks for checking out the blog!

Much Love!

Photos in this post are courtesy of: Jordan Brand, Marquee Sole, and Dime Mag.

Comments

Popular Posts