My Switch to iOS

JetBlack iPhone 7+ and Series 2 Apple Watch

For those of you that know me, know I am a big gadget person and have had a cell phone, or some sort of mobile device for as long as you can remember me. I was a big Motorola user growing up in the 90s and owned a Flex Pager. The first cell phone I purchased for myself was a Motorola V.60, and then I went through a series of Motorola devices. After my Motorola phase, being that I grew up in Toronto, Ontario (Canada), which is not too far from Waterloo, Ontario, I moved on to BlackBerry devices. 

I had a sales role with a local marketing company and I was provided with a BlackBerry 7290. I enjoyed the belt clip that locked the device for me upon holstering it, colour screen and the side-scroll was cool to get to the applications. Had some fun with brick breaker while I was in class. Being able to take notes quickly in the notepad was cool. Same with the ability to copy and paste text from emails into the notepad quickly. PIN messaging was the trademark feature I enjoyed with a select few other people that I knew owned BlackBerrys at the time. The encryption and delivery / read receipts were a big advantage over standard text messaging at the time. From that device I moved on to another BlackBerry - the 8700, then the 8800, then the 8100 "Pearl", then the 8900 "Javelin" and lastly the 9700 "Bold". I actually still have my "Bold" and primarily used it for the Password keeper, but now that I have gone all iOS I will definitely be using 1Password

After my BlackBerry phase, I finally moved on to a Samsung Galaxy Nexus S. (Disclaimer: towards the end of my BlackBerry phase, I was buying, unlocking and temporarily using iPhones before I resold them, which included the "Silver back" iPhone, iPhone 3G and then the 3GS). After my Samsung Galaxy Nexus S, I moved to the Goolge Nexus 5 (which was made by LG - my first LG phone ever; wasn't a fan of their phones coming from retail - they have come a long way though) and it was the first phone that I broke (dropped it in a client's driveway and broke the screen) and had to give it up and sell for parts. After the Nexus 5, I moved to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I really enjoyed this phone and the return of the stylus. I played with Palm Pilots and P900 phones in my BlackBerry days that I enjoyed as well as the Windows based HTC TyTN. Unfortunately, I started to have some issues with charging my Note 4, I'm not sure if it was the charging port or battery that went on me. I ended up getting a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge as a replacement from T-Mobile. With everything going on with the Note 7 this year, I wasn't exactly ready for a new phone. I have an iPhone 6 from work and have an iPad Air 2. I have quite a few friends with iPhones and it started to become a pain to iMessage them (especially group chats) from my iPad only. I decided to finally make my move over to an iPhone as my primary phone. All the tools / apps that I enjoy using on my Android devices are available in iOS and work just as well. The switch over was pretty easy, contacts were much easier to sync than I thought. I haven't had time to test out all the features on my JetBlack iPhone 7+, but all the basic features I need to work are perfect thus far. 

For all of you out there, what type of device are you using? How long have you been using that type of device? Do you see yourself switching anytime soon? Let me know in the comments below or connect with me on Twitter or Instagram.

Comments

Popular Posts