Google Pixel Phone

Almost a week ago (October 4th) Google held a "Made by Google" event showcasing quite a few new products, one of which included the Google Pixel and Pixel XL phones. I was looking forward to the event just for the information on the anticipated phones given that these are what is replacing the previous Nexus (stock Android OS) phones. I owned a Nexus S and Nexus 5, and definitely enjoyed the stock Android experience. I'm currently using a Galaxy Note 4, as I mentioned previously, and am definitely considering switching to a newer device. From what I've seen from the launch information and first few brief "hands-on" videos, the Pixel could be an option for me as a primary device. The iPhone 7+ is definitely on my list as a secondary phone, and will be great for specific applications and keeping in contact with my iOS counterparts quickly via iMessage. Some may ask why I would consider the iPhone 7+ as a secondary device, and the main reasoning for this is my current immersion with Google products; Gmail, Calendar, Keep, etc. I imagine the new Google Assistant pre-loaded on the Pixel phones to be another step forward with Google Now. I am always impressed with the way my Inbox is pre-sorted by Google and the information that is suggested to me in "cards" from Google Now. I love that certain flight / travel information is dropped into my Google Now updates and pertinent information is gathered on these events that help me remember about them as well as get to them on time. With all that being said, my Nixon Mission watch will compliment a new pure Android phone well.

So to get down to the details, for those of you that missed the event and haven't come across the updates from Google or other tech companies online, MKBHD covered what you need to know about the Google Pixel and Pixel XL Phones well. Check out his video below the break:




In addition to the fact that Google is claiming that the Pixel and Pixel XL have the best camera on the market right now, they are also saying that new Pixel phone users will have unlimited photo and video storage in their original format (no compression). Also, for those looking into pre-ordering the Pixel or Pixel XL, Google is offering a promotion to get a Daydream View VR headset with the phone just for pre-ordering.

What do you all think of the Google Pixel and Pixel XL phone so far? Let me know in the comments section below or via Twitter or Instagram.

Comments

Popular Posts